By Enlace Ceremonies No comments
Will you marry me? Let’s Elope
The most memorable thing you can say to your partner is “Will you marry me?”.
You are on one knee, you are holding a ring box, you’re nervous and after your inspirational speech, you pop the question, with tears of excitement, she says YES!
Congratulations! You’ve done it! You are now engaged!
It’s time to break the news of your engagement to your friends and family. But more importantly, it is time to plan your wedding.
Easier said than done, soon you realize that planning a wedding is no easy task. It involves endless details.
The Wedding Planning List
- Picking your wedding party
- Creating a guest list
- Hiring a wedding planner
- Reserving your wedding date
- Choosing a wedding venue
- Researching photographers, bands, florist, and caterers
- Throwing an engagement party
- Hiring a photographer and a videographer
- Book the entertainment
- Meet caterers
- Purchase wedding gown
- Reserve hotel room for out-of-town guest
- Select and purchase invitations
- Plan the honeymoon
- Shop for bridesmaids dresses
- Send save-the-date cards
- Book florist
- Arrange transportation
- Purchase wedding invitations
- Order a cake
- Purchase wedding shoes
- Hire a seamstress for wedding gown alterations
- Hire a bridal makeup artist and wedding hair stylist
- Choose your music
- Finalize food menu
- Order flowers
- Create list of people that will be giving toasts
- Purchase your undergarments
- Finalize ceremony details and reception
- Purchase the rings
- Send schedule to vendors
- Send out the invitations
- Submit wedding announcements to local newspaper
- Enjoy bachelor and bachelorette party
- Get your marriage license
- Send as many final payments as possible
- Assign seating
- Pick up your wedding dress
- Get hair cut and colored done
- Pack for your honeymoon
- Get married.
We probably forgot a couple dozens of a small task, but for the most part, this is a good wedding planning list.
But if you’ve been to a wedding in the last couples of years, you’ve probably realized they spent a small fortune, you were probably right.
More than 2 million people get married each year and depending on where you get married the cost of your wedding could be significantly high.
The national average for a wedding is $29,858.
- Central California $24,960
- Los Angeles $36,890
- Orange County $36,745
- Sacramento $36,990
- San Diego $37,599
- Santa Barbara $47,252
- San Francico Bay Area $39,474
It’s eloping a good idea? Let’s see.
- The cost, you could save thousands of dollars.
- The stress, there’s not going to be an inner Bridezilla breaking out.
- Save the environment, a small and intimate wedding creates less waste.
- You could avoid friction between religious or cultural backgrounds.
- When you choose to elope you are focusing on the marriage.
- Destination options, since you are saving thousands to can choose to elope and get married anywhere in the world, for example; Paris.
- Most elopement packages can accommodate 2-25 people guest, giving the ability to invite only the nearest and dearest of your friends or family.